What's your favourite breakfast? Eggs, cereal or a slice of buttery toast? Whatever it is, there's no better accompaniment than a good cup of our English Breakfast tea - the clue's in the name. But our organic English Breakfast isn't just for the morning.
Made to the strictest organic standards, it's bright, full-bodied and full of flavour. A great way to kick-start your day, whatever time it is.
£3.09 for 50 teabags
- We suggest
- More about Black Tea
"Made to the strictest organic standards, full-bodied and full of flavour"
We believe that how you make your tea is equally as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water at a “rolling boil” (100?C)
- Use 1 teabag per cup or 1 teabag per person in a teapot
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes (or to your taste)
- Best with a splash of milk
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"oxidation gives black tea its colour and richness"
Black tea, just like green tea, comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant.
- After plucking, the leaves are laid on drying trays & withered to remove some moisture and make more pliable
- The leaves are then rolled and may be cut
- "Broken" leaves are laid out & a heady mixture of warm air, aromatic juices, bacteria & enzymes leads to oxidation (a natural reaction that affects strength & colour)
- Oxidation is stopped by firing (with hot air) when the leaves are the right (brown) colour depending on the region
- The leaves turn black as they dry
... and finally, are sorted or graded by size
Black tea is a natural source of antioxidants that may help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals
All natural ingredients:
- Organically grown black tea from several origins