£6.00 for 50g loose tea
This South East Asian White tea is picked from lovingly tended bushes during a short window each year and dried on rooftops - hardly any processing, which means nearly all the nutriants are left!
- More about
- How to make
- More about White Tea
"the buds are covered in fine white downy hairs"
Called "white" because the tea is harvested earlier than for green or black tea, whilst the buds are still covered in fine downy hairs.
The ultimate evening luxury, the buds give a shimmering pale golden, silken tea that whispers of summer meadows, sweet pears and waxy green apples.
"clear, light, sweet tea with a pure natural peachy character"
We believe that how you make tea is as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Boil water & allow to cool for 5 to 6 minutes to about 75 ?C
- Use 1 teaspoon per person in a teapot
- Steep for 1 to 2 minutes (or to your taste)
- Always without milk – delicious on its natural state
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"so named because of the fine white hairs on the bud"
What is White Tea?
- Just like black and green tea, white tea comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant
- In early spring, unopened buds and select leaves are picked and then lightly steamed to stop fermentation and slowly dried
- Because of this small amount of processing, white tea contains more nutriants than green or black teas
... the result - a very pale, straw-coloured liqour and a delicate flavour closely related to the original tea leaf
White tea is a very high natural source of antioxidants that may help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals
Ingredients: White tea
White tea does contain caffeine, but at very much lower levels than black tea & coffee
This is one of my favorite white teas, with a gentle taste and I enjoy it during a relaxed evening and after a good run I even accompany the tea with a platter of dried figs,and apricots with pecan-nuts, walnuts and 100 % dark chocolate. This is for me just drink and food from Heaven enjoyed on Earth.
We welcome your thoughts, leave a Tea Tasting Note or Comment for others to read. Please, Login or sign up to comment and rate this product. Need help? Contact Us on 0844 324 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org