Twinings Cranberry Green Tea - Autumn, a kaleidoscope of russets and pistachio greens signals harvet time for the cranberry. Long used in the ceremony of Thanksgiving, we too give thanks to its deep red fruit flavour and its zingy sharpness which when combined with this quality golden green tea, gives a refreshingly juicy taste.
£1.39 for 20 teabags
- We suggest
- More about Green Tea
"Green tea was thought to have been 'discovered' by Emperor Shen-nung in 2737 BC!"
We believe that how you make your green tea is as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Boil water & allow to cool for about 3 or 4 minutes to 80 ?C
- Use 1 teabag per cup or 1 teabag per person in a teapot
- Brew for just 1 to 3 minutes (or to your taste) – be careful, over-brewing green tea brings out the bitter notes
- Always without milk – some like to add a slice of lemon
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"the flavour of green tea is more akin the original flavour of the tea leaves"
Green tea, just like black tea, comes from the Camellia Sinensis variety
- Key difference between green and black teas? Green isn't oxidised, whereas black tea is ("oxidation" is just the natural reaction of the tea with air that affects strength and colour in black teas)
- The leaves often go through a short period of withering to remove moisture
- The leaves are lightly steamed or pan-fried to stop the tea oxidising
- Twisting or rolling follows, freeing the aromatic juices that you'll enjoy later!
- The leaves are naturally dried or gently heated, removing nearly all moisture
- Finally, leaves are graded by quality
Green Tea is a natural source of antioxidants that may help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals
All Natural Ingredients:
- Green Tea
- Natural cranberry flavouring with other natural flavourings. (8%)