Twinings English Breakfast decaffeinated tea.
A robust blend of the finest Assam, Kenyan and Ceylon teas produces a rich, revitalising cup of tea. For all those times when you fancy a cup of tea before bed, our decaffeinated Traditional English is just the thing.
Bright and refreshing, it's made from only the finest tea leaves, which have been decaffeinated. So now you can have all the taste of a good cup of tea, without the caffeine day or night.
£2.49 for 20 Envelopes
- We Suggest
- More about Black Tea
"a rich, revitalising cup of tea"
We believe that how you make your tea is equally as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water at a “rolling boil” (100?C)
- Use 1 teabag per cup or 1 teabag per person in a teapot
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes (or to your taste)
- Best with a splash of milk
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"oxidation gives black tea its colour and richness"
Black tea, just like green tea, comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant.
- After plucking, the leaves are laid on drying trays & withered to remove some moisture and make more pliable
- The leaves are then rolled and may be cut
- "Broken" leaves are laid out & a heady mixture of warm air, aromatic juices, bacteria & enzymes leads to oxidation (a natural reaction that affects strength & colour)
- Oxidation is stopped by firing (with hot air) when the leaves are the right (brown) colour depending on the region
- The leaves turn black as they dry... and finally, are sorted or graded by size
Black tea is a natural source of antioxidants that may help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals
All natural ingredients:
- Black tea from several origins