£3.29 for 50 teabags
Once upon a time, Chai was drunk only by the royalty in India. But word got out about its spicy, soothing flavour & soon the streets were filled with the distinctive scent of cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Chai is perfect at any time of day, but particularly in the afternoon. Invite some friends round and share the secret all over again.
- We suggest
- More about Black Tea
"Best with milk and sweetened to bring out the spicey flavour!"
We believe that how you make your tea is equally as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water at a “rolling boil” (100?C)
- Use 1 teabag per cup or 1 teabag per person in a teapot
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes (or to your taste)
- Best with a splash of milk and is great when sweetened to bring out the spicey flavour!
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"oxidation gives black tea its colour and richness"
Black tea, just like green tea, comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant.
- After plucking, the leaves are laid on drying trays & withered to remove some moisture and make more pliable
- The leaves are then rolled and may be cut
- "Broken" leaves are laid out & a heady mixture of warm air, aromatic juices, bacteria & enzymes leads to oxidation (a natural reaction that affects strength & colour)
- Oxidation is stopped by firing (with hot air) when the leaves are the right (brown) colour depending on the region
- The leaves turn black as they dry
... and finally, are sorted or graded by size
Black tea is a natural source of antioxidants that may help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals
All natural ingredients:
- Black tea from several origins
- Ginger Root (10%)
- Cinnamon Bark (10%)
- Natural Flavourings
Lovely! Has just overtaken Earl Grey as my favorite.
i just love this tea! lovely cinnamon taste.! balance is fantastic. coming from Asian background & drinking a lot of tea I think this is the best tea out there!
A nice spiced tea but a little disappointed in the strength of the tea when milk is added it's a little weak. But overall is nice.
I love spiced tea and usually make my own, but these tea bags make a great tasting brew and save time when I`m busy. Always drink chai with milk, but only with honey when I need that extra lift.
You can feel the oriental temper with this tea. The first thing you will notice is the cinnamon aroma but soon after it bursts with the bittersweet taste of ginger. Personally I think the cinnamon scent is too strong but a gentle touch of milk balances it perfectly.
I have just been introduced to this tea by my daughter in law and I love it. I take it black or with milk but never sugar as I don't take sugar anyway
We welcome your thoughts, leave a Tea Tasting Note or Comment for others to read. Please, Login or sign up to comment and rate this product. Need help? Contact Us on 0844 324 5000 or email@example.com