The story goes that Earl Grey, the Georgian prime minister, was given cases of this tea by a Chinese Mandarin.
Our lovely large tin of 500g will be a delight for a fan and it's great value.
£10.00 for 1 Tin
- We suggest
We believe that how you make your black loose tea is (nearly!) as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water at a “rolling boil” (100ºC)
- For best results – use a teapot! Use 1 teaspoon of tea per person (“one for the pot” isn’t needed!) or for convenience in an individual cup with a strainer
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes (or to your taste) - as a rule: the smaller the leaf, the faster the brew
- Best with a splash of milk - black with a slice of lemon is great too
- … and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
- At its best within 12 months of purchase.