The story goes that Earl Grey, the Georgian prime minister, was given cases of this tea by a Chinese Mandarin. He liked it so much he brought it home and asked Twinings to recreate it for him. And that's what we've been doing ever since. Light, fragrant and with a distinctive lemon and bergamot flavour, our Earl Grey still has all the taste of the original. And we like to think it's still the best.
£4.50 for 100 teabags
- We suggest
We believe that how you make your black tea is as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water at a “rolling boil” (100?C)
- Use 1 teabag per cup or 1 teabag per person in a teapot (“one for the pot” isn’t needed!)
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes (or to your taste)
- Best with a splash of milk - black with a slice of lemon is great too
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!