Beautiful bone china "tea for 1" set, made exclusively for Twinings in England.
Ideal for your black teas from our range of Speciality teas and Finest Loose Teas!
For that moment alone with a cup of tea! The little "pot for 1" sits snugly inside your teacup, whilst your favorite tea brews!
£16.50 for 1 set
- How to make
- More about Black Tea
"perfect for your Twinings' black teas!"
We believe that how you make your tea is equally as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
To make your black tea:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water at a “rolling boil” (100?C)
- Use 1 teabag per cup or 1 teabag per person in a teapot
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes (or to your taste)
- Best with a splash of milk
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"oxidation gives black tea its colour and richness"
Black tea, just like green tea, comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant.
- After plucking, the leaves are laid on drying trays & withered to remove some moisture and make more pliable
- The leaves are then rolled and may be cut
- "Broken" leaves are laid out & a heady mixture of warm air, aromatic juices, bacteria & enzymes leads to oxidation (a natural reaction that affects strength & colour)
- Oxidation is stopped by firing (with hot air) when the leaves are the right (brown) colour depending on the region
- The leaves turn black as they dry
... and finally, are sorted or graded by size