£25.00 for 75g bag loose tea
Jin Shan Tian Hua Green Tea offers a pale golden light liquor with subtle aromatic pine notes from the chrysanthemum flowers. This is a hand made Chinese green tea, the delicate leaves being carefully sewn together to contain three Chrysanthemum flowers. It is transformed when brewed, as with water the leaves unfurl to release the beautiful flower suspended from the infused leaf.
- We suggest
- More about Green Tea
"use a glass teapot and enjoy the spectacle"
This is a unique experience, so here are our tips for its preparation..
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water that is "restless" (75?C) but not yet at a “rolling boil”
- For best results – use a glass teapot and enjoy the spectacle! Use 1 piece of tea per person
- Steep for about 3 minutes (or to your taste) - over time the tea will strenghen and darken in colour
- Always without milk or sugar
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"a hand made Chinese green tea"
Many people think that Green Tea comes from a different plant to Black Tea, but in fact:
- Just like black tea, green tea comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant
- The difference between green and black teas? black tea is fermented, green is not
- Tea that will become green tea is lightly steamed or fried to prevent fermentation
- It's then twisted & rolled, freeing the aromatic juices that you'll enjoy later!
- Gentle heating follows to nearly completely remove the water
- The leaves are then graded by shape / age
... the result - a flavour more closely related to the original tea leaf than black tea!
Green Tea is a natural source of antioxidants that may help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
- Green Tea
- Chysathemum flowers