In 1706, Thomas Twining first set up shop on London's Strand. In the age of coffee shops, he was the man who loved tea and was dedicated to discovering the world's finest. We created our special 1706 tea for tea-lovers like Thomas.
Bright, strong and full of flavour, it's a blend of only the highest-quality teas from Africa, India and Ceylon.
£6.59 for 80 teabags
- We suggest
- More about Black Tea
"We created our special 1706 tea for tea-lovers"
We believe that how you make your tea is equally as important as the tea you use, so here are our tips:
- Use freshly drawn cold water
- Use water at a “rolling boil” (100?C)
- Use 1 teabag per cup or 1 teabag per person in a teapot
- Steep for 3 to 5 minutes (or to your taste)
- Best with a splash of milk
… and for freshness every time, keep your tea somewhere cool, dark, dry and airtight!
"oxidation gives black tea its colour and richness"
Black tea, just like green tea, comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant.
- After plucking, the leaves are laid on drying trays & withered to remove some moisture and make more pliable
- The leaves are then rolled and may be cut
- "Broken" leaves are laid out & a heady mixture of warm air, aromatic juices, bacteria & enzymes leads to oxidation (a natural reaction that affects strength & colour)
- Oxidation is stopped by firing (with hot air) when the leaves are the right (brown) colour depending on the region
- The leaves turn black as they dry
... and finally, are sorted or graded by size
Black tea is a natural source of antioxidants that may help protect the body from damage caused by free radicals
All natural ingredients:
- Black tea from several origins
1706 is one of my favorite teas. Since they no longer offer it for sale in the US. I came to the best place.. Twinings UK. I think Twinings has the best teas. 1706 is by far one of the best!!
This is the best tea in the world! Unfortunately, the U.S. branch of Twinings doesn't sell it, so I have to import it from England. It's so good, that I'm willing to do that--but it would be better if U.S. Twinings would sell it too. I can't live without it!
Cant live without this tea!
I noticed this while getting some new Twinings Assam, thought I would give it a go, it's a nice strong blend with a biscuit character, 5 star Tea at it's best.
I loves this tea, I have always been a fan of twinings teas but this is now my everyday tea
A splendid and well balanced blend. It has a magic touch (some would call it 'caffeine') that keeps you well through a hard working day.
A superbly strong golden tea, great for kick starting any morning. Lovely!
We welcome your thoughts, leave a Tea Tasting Note or Comment for others to read. Please Login or sign up to comment and rate this product. Need help? Contact Us on 0844 324 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org